Monday, March 26, 2007

Lets Get Reco(ta)rded!...

Record Work - A Herculean task which students across the world, or atleast in my college, loathe to do but are forced to do so solely because the teachers cherish pushing innocent students like us (I'm just not referring to myself!..I'm generalizing!..But any cynicism in the form of comments intended to slaughter my image are most welcome!) into Hell and laugh at our plight as we struggle to be victorious in this perfectly needless exercise!...

I would rather appreciate walking into a room filled with hot molten lava, guarded by vicious menacing canines(I totally freak out when it comes to dogs!) equipped with 1500 watt speakers playing Avril Lavigne at an ear piercing volume, but I simply can't write records!...
Statutory Warning : All this is just a figment of my vast imagination, so please do not try putting me into any of this torture!..

I just do not understand why these retarded fools (My Teachers!..) make us act like xerox machines and photostat pages and pages of crap that is already there in our manuals!...They also give us such short deadlines and we are forced to sit all night and work so that we get permission to enter the lab during our semester practicals. (Or atleast that is how they threaten us!)..

I also am clueless to why most respectable colleges employ such devils to conduct our practical classes!..A standing example would be my Electrical Engineering Lab In-charge, whose name I refuse to disclose for personal reasons!...She is such a ruthless merciless semi-barbaric tyrant female who, had she been born a hundred years earlier, would have sent Adolf Hitler himself scurrying for cover!...She effortlessly puts that I'm-the-sweetest-female-on-earth smile and captivates students into believing that she is a nice person but once you land up entering class with your records incomplete, you are done for!...She might tear your image apart with her heartless statements and massacre you in front of your class!...But the ones who laugh at you are the ones who get a better dose when their turn comes up!..:D

She is also a professional at tearing record sheets and she does it with such perfection and elegance that I always wonder if she would have previously worked at a cinema ticket counter tearing out tickets for people!...Thus we land up bunking classes and sitting and writing her records all day (Not that we would'nt bunk otherwise but even a half-witted fool would prefer munching on mysore bondas at the canteen rather than doing that slave driver's work!...)

Now she is just one among the list of countless dictators in my college though if I had to rate them, Miss know-it-all would win hands down!...I guess you would have now understood why engineering students use this trademark statement "Engineering is sooooooo tough da!!"...

Now comes the worst part...After we work like slaves and complete all our records, the lab attendants (They are pretty nice people though, but their level of partiality is gender oriented!) drive a rusted iron nail through my record!...(Now that's how they can show that the record is completed and signed it seems..A practice followed in most schools right from the 10th!)When I see it, I literally am able to feel the long pointed steel pike piercing my teenie weenie delicate little heart!...But such is fate and we are compelled to undergo this inhuman torture for the next three years!...

I'm venting out all this not to gain your sympathy, but to portray the plight of us!...There are no solutions to this problem, but feel free to put forth your views on this subject but please understand that if your views are not against this topic your probability of getting into my bad books is reasonably high!...Oh wait!..I still have not done my record index yet... So I must bid farewell!...Adios!...

3 comments:

Karthik.H said...

lol...poor u guyz... Me is Arts coll...so no the Record stuff...

btw...jus befriend sum kinda gal and ask her to rite it for ya :)..

narayan said...

great blog.. u sound rite but wait a sec.. this situation arose because u didnt complete ur record on time... instead of hangin out at ascendas and coffee day with miss xyz(now in ur case there are so many names tht i dont know whom to mention..lol) had u taken the effort to complete the work then tht ee lab lady would have given u a even more cute smile.. tell me..doesnt tht make more sense..? and havin a practical take on things ...we are sailing in the same boat..lol

Madras Mademoiselle said...

lol!! waow! i cudnt have said that betr myself!! fyi, these slave drivers rn't confined to yr coll!! altho i'm beginning to think that this is a typical eee-teacher characteristics, they seem to constitute the majority of sadists!! sumtimes i can actually picture vicious fangs waitin to peirce our egos nd fill em up wid poisonous bits of worthless bauble with the sole intention of stripping us off our pride!! [:P] (oh btw, first time i'm checkin out yr blog, nd u must know, never have i read anyones blog completely b4 yrs!) commments will keep comin yr way!!! :)